The Earth Science Data System Working Groups (ESDSWG) is a NASA organization established under the auspices of NASA Headquarters in 2004. The chartered role of the ESDSWG focuses on the exploration and development of recommendations derived from pertinent community insights of NASA's heterogeneous and distributed Earth science data systems.
The ESDSWG is comprised of working groups organized around key technology and information system issues. Each Working Group functions independently establishing their own work plans on germane data system issues and topics. The ESDSWG members are drawn from a broad range of NASA-funded science and technology projects, NASA information technology experts, affiliated contractor staff and other interested community members from academia and industry.
News and Events
The ESDSWG Executive Committee has completed a preliminary review of the ESDSWG proposals and the feedback from the ESDSWG member appraisals. Jeff Walter and the ESDIS POCs will be contacting the proposal leads over the next few weeks to finalize the details of some of the action plans.
2012 ESDSWG Meeting
- 2012 ESDSWG Meeting Agenda
- 2013 ESDIS Priorities and Community Proposals
- 2012 ESDSWG Meeting Posters
- 2012 ESDSWG Meeting (on Earthdata main site)
2012 Working Groups
- Data Stewardship Working Group (DSWG)
- Infusion Process Group (IPG)
- Interoperability Working Group (IWG)
- Reference Architecture Working Group (RAWG)
- Semantic Technologies Working Group (STWG)
- Software Reuse Working Group (SRWG)
- Standards Process Group (SPG)
- Technology Infusion Working Group (TIWG)
2013 Working Groups