- Create an application group (available from the Admin Page)
Creating Applications and adding to the group
- Have the user register apps A and B just like they would normally.
- Application A (uid: app1, client_id: ABCD)
- Application B (uid: app2, client_id: XYZ)
- Go to the (SSO) App's page for both the applications (app1, app2) and you should see a tab called "Required Groups". From that page you can add the application group as required for the application.
Application ‘A’ generates a oauth token with value: HGJFKDAS for user 'urs_user', in the normal way by exchanging the authorization code for a token.
GET /api/users/urs_user?calling_application=ABCD Authorization: Bearer HGJFKDAS
Application B can use Application A’s token to retrieve user profile for ‘urs_user’
- It can send its own client_id as an additional parameter ‘client_id’ to the request
GET /api/users/urs_user?client_id=ABCD Authorization: Bearer HGJFKDAS
- It can send its own client_id as an additional parameter ‘calling_application’ to the request
GET /api/users/urs_user?calling_application=XYZ Authorization: Bearer HGJFKDAS
**calling_application parameter will be deprecated in future EDL releases. It is being maintained for backwards compatibility currently.