Transformation Team Exercises (Jason)
- Spectrum Mapping
- Designed to reveal the diversity of perspectives and options around any given topic and to organize them into a meaningful spectrum.
- The 4Cs
- Components, Characteristics, Challenges, Characters
- The 5 Why's
- Mirrors the motive to move beyond the surface of a problem and discover the root cause
- Breaking up large structures into their base components
Elevator speech/Deck Presentation Creation
- Business Model Canvas
- Examines and rethinks a business model
- Elevator Pitch
- Exercise to develop elevator pitch
- Other potential options - through Booz Allen?
- Joe - Doing some testing on local stack and it is pretty close
- Hackfest Code - Pure binary with GDAL template
- Geolambda looks like a a pure python.
Cumulus local testing - this week (Joe)
See local testing environment
- Straight python format and binary, etc.
- Possibly before the brainstorming session - ACTION
ESDSWG Working Group Participation
- Not at this time (Joe)
Data Product Review
Katie (CERES Ed. 5) near term
Get Joe Lee 3-5 products to examine
- Will it be HDF5, but not specifically what that means.
- Started creating some example file and interested in any recommendations we would make.
- What is a good way to do this?
- Part of the recurring message - follow "these" standards so correction is not needed on the fly.
- How to improve CERES product?
- In January focus on CERES 4 as a test product to give some feedback to the CERES team.
- Set up a variable level matrix
- See if Matt can identify some of the CERES 5 products
- If CERES can provide CERES version 4 products that will be converted to Edition 5 - ACTION
- Some will be upgraded to Edition 5
- probably all of the major products - maybe 6 of them
- Joe Lee reach out to the 2 colleagues that were at the workshop - ACTION and ask.
- To find out what they know - HDFESO5, NetCDf4, what types of changes, etc.
- How many are doing EOS5 or just netCDF4 with HDF5 libraries?
- What are the major factors we can expect for geospatial?
- Are they going to carry over or not?
- Pretty good stuff when they upgraded
Data Providers Working Group
- Going to write in things that commonly cause these issues
- Seen anywhere in writing for "geospatial" these are the most common things someone should be following for it work
- Chris Lyness initiated the DPG because there is not some good guidelines out there.
- Matt is participating
- ACTION: Matt/Juan to provide lates on the Google Doc
Unclear on what is working at ASDC
- If Joe Lees tries to download some CERES data products just let us know.
- Probably best to go through the OPeNDAP Server
Joe Lee Black Out - Thursday afternoon for meeting on local stack