Implementing the ability to add campaign information to the ISO, I've been using the spreadsheet. Similar to the bit with Platforms, I think the spreadsheet may not be completely up-to-date. Here is a sample of the ISO we are using:
<gco:CharacterString>Operation IceBridge West Antarctica/Antarctic Sea Ice 2010</gco:CharacterString>
<gmi:MI_OperationTypeCode codeList="#MI_OperationTypeCode" codeListValue="real">real</gmi:MI_OperationTypeCode>
This is all in the Acquisition Information tag, between the instruments and platforms tags.
A few notes:
- The part in the identifier "code" tag seems to get picked up properly as the Short Name as expected.
- The spreadsheet (M530) indicates that the Long Name should be coming from the "description" tag inside the identifier tag. However, it seems to be pulling from the OUTER "description" tag (the one just above the identifier tag).
- The spreadsheet (M532:M533) indicates that the Start and Stop dates should be coming from parsing out the outer "description" tag; however, as mentioned above, the outer tag is being used to pull in the Long Name instead. (I tried putting the StartDate= and EndDate= bits in the "inner" description just to see what would happen, and it's still being ignored.
- There are a few tags that are required by the schema that aren't discussed in the spreadsheet:
- gmi:status - this is a required tag. I wasn't sure what to put here, so I just put it as "missing"
- gmi:type - I may have been able to try putting "missing" here, but I did find a code list entry for this; in the case of what we are doing here, the value is going to all be "real" for our datasets anyway. It doesn't seem to care that I didn't put a full URL in, but I'll probably need to find out what the URL part should be.
- gmi:parentOperation - Seems to be required, but I'm not sure what should go here, so I just put it as missing.