The HDF-EOS To GeoTIFF Conversion Tool (HEG) is a tool developed to allow a user to reformat, re-project and perform stitching/mosaicing and subsetting operations on HDF-EOS objects. It can also reformats and re-project some SMAP, VIIRS and SRTM products. The output GeoTIFF file is ingestible into commonly used GIS applications. HEG will also write to HDF-EOS Grid & SWATH formats (i.e for Subsetting purposes) and native (or raw) binary. HEG presently works with MODIS (AQUA and TERRA), ASTER, MISR, AIRS, and AMSR-E HDF-EOS data sets.It also handles OMI HDF-EOS5 grid, SMAP L3/L4 HDF5 data sets, VIIRS L2/L3 netCDF/HDF-EOS5 products staged at the DAACs, and some SRTM binary products at LPDAAC.
Brief Summary of Features include:
- Spatial (geolocation) Subsetting
- Band and Parameter (aka Field) Subsetting of HDF-EOS datasets
- Support for MODIS, ASTER, MISR, AIRS, AMSR-E, SRTM, VIIRS, and SMAP(and some OMI, MOPITT, etc)
(Check List of Supported Products for full details)
- Format Conversion of various output Format types: GeoTIFF, HDF-EOS GRID & SWATH, MultiBand GeoTIFF, Multi-Band HDF-EOS GRID & SWATH, and native binary.
- Format Conversions without reprojection or manipulation of input data. Allows data to remain in original unaltered state.
- Stitching (or mosaicing) HDF-EOS SWATH and GRID datasets
- Stitching with combinations of Reformatting/Reprojection/Subsetting Operations
- Data subsampling
- Control of various parameters including output pixel resolution and output projection parameters
- Metadata preservation and creation
- Java GUI
- Command-line interface (Useful for running batch jobs. This is usually seen in automated production environments where large quantities of granules are processed.)
- Supported Platforms: LINUX, WINDOWS, SUN(old versions of HEG), and MAC OSX (built on Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0)
Please note that binaries for 2.12 and older have been removed from our download site.
Let us know if you have particular interest in some of the above or if you have other suggestions! We appreciate your feedback.
BUGS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS, or SUGGESTIONS?Please Contact Us!