AWS Account Status and Testing
- ArcGIS Update
- CloudFormation, API Gateway, S3, and Lambda so far.
- Geelambda worked well with AWS lambda
- Development can work on LocalStack and then push to AWS
- Accessing S3 from Geelambda - fails on LocalStack but works on AWS
- Special driver (vsis3) that the GDAL community allowed for accessing HDF5 on S3
- Inside the GDAL library in Dec 2018.
- Used python script in AWS
- No EC2 - it was serverless - you can invoke through the Gateway API
- Cloud Formation - Setting up the infrastructure - specifies AWS services like Lambda, API gateway, etc. and how they should talk to each other, and events and how logs will be specified.
- See Serverless.yml in SDT Git Repo
- Last piece tested - GeoLambda with OPeNDAP Driver
- Made another DOCKER file
- GeeLambda can access OPeNDAP Server
- Tested with OPeNDAP test server
- Next step to test with ASDC
- eventually set up OPeNDAP in AWS to modify the handler for OPeNDAP
- Newer Hyrax version can directly read data from S3
- Wiki page for S3 bucket name and EC2 instances to share tags and resource names.
- Workflow diagram with options
- How to organize our buckets to match those of Cumulus?
- Monitoring instances - Once instances are up and running we can schedule/monitor our instances